Mar 17, 2009

Hello Out There!

I'm not quite sure just who will be reading this, but for those of you who don't know me, my name is Lacey. This blog is going to serve as my space for reviewing comic books and graphic novels for at least the next month or so for my reviewing class, but I think I will probably continue with it well after the mandatory five weeks. 

As you may have already guessed, I have a passion, probably stemming from my love of writing and of creating art, for comic books. In fact, if I had to tell you what my greatest career aspiration is, I'd say that I want to be the person in the publishing company who decides what incoming scripts get to be made into new comics. I want to be the person who sees something when it's new and fresh and have the opportunity to be one of the first people to see promise and talent in the writing. I love being involved on the executive boards of two of my university's literary magazines for just this reason.

I just recently discovered a second passion of mine: reviewing. My friends and family have always told me that I would enjoy being a critic, not that they actually specified what kind. My best friend says that I am "a critic of life," because she claims that she can't go to anything arts-related (galleries, theatre, concerts, movies, etc.) with me without the expectation of an in-depth conversation analyzing it.  It wasn't until this past semester that I tried my hand in  actually organizing and writing those thoughts, but ever since I started to do it, I fear I can't be stopped. I've always loved to write, and now I'm using it as an outlet for my critical nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment